Search US Immigration Forum

Temporary Worker Visas

H-1B Specialty Worker Visas
H-2A Agricultural Worker Visas
H-2B Skilled or Unskilled Worker Visas

Primary Immigration Information

Nonimmigrant Visas
Temporary Worker Authorized Stay and Extensions Available

Contact Us
To schedule a consultation either in person or by telephone,
call toll free:

Temporary Worker Visas

For people who have discovered the opportunity to come to the United States, to work for a U.S. company as specialty, skilled, or unskilled workers, the H visa category could be the answer. The H visa category is intended to provide United States employers with the ability to bring foreign workers into the United States to fill positions that the employer cannot find United States workers to fill, or that there are no United States workers with the minimum qualifications necessary to fill those positions. .

The H visa category is generally not intended to be a basis on which the foreign national will remain permanently in the United States, and in the case of the H-2A and H-2B categories, is specifically prohibited. In the H-1 category, the employee may legally possess what is referred to as "dual intent," meaning that the employee possesses both the intention to leave the United States at the expiration of his authorized stay and the intention to remain permanently in the United States if legal means become available to do so.